11. Bangladesh is in the eighth place on population in the world (163 654 860 people).
12. Bangladesh is home to the world’s largest river delta and the world’s largest mangrove.
13, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh is longest unbroken sea beach in the world.
14. The alluvial soil deposited by these rivers each year means Bangladesh has some of the most fertile delta lands in the world, farming is very important because of this.
15. Renowned British journalist Tasmin Lucia Khan is of Bengali descent. She used to be a presenter for BBC news and is now part of the ITV breakfast show, Daybreak.
16. The largest city and capital of Bangladesh is Dhaka. The city has an estimated population of 15 million people making it one of the largest city in the world. It is known as the “City of Mosques”.
17. The Currency of Bangladesh is called ‘Taka’.
18. The Royal Bengal Tiger is Bangladesh’s national animal. This majestic creature has a roar that can be heard up to 3 kilometers away. Unfortunately, it is now an endangered species.
19. Bangladesh has the third largest Muslim population in the world after Indonesia and Pakistan. With more than 1,000 people per square kilometer (2,600 per square mile), the country is one of the most crowded on Earth.